Lazys two 20s

Users who are viewing this thread

Lazyfish

Fire Shrimp
For the new tank I want to add some more types of zoas and shrooms a nice green cabage and possably a derasa clam or some kind of bivalve. I have 2 muscles that have been growing in my 10 for a few years alredy that started off black eyed pea sized and are now about 2 inches. I may add another leather possibly depending how it looks.

I want to get another clown either a mocha storm or a black storm or a mocha davinci and one other fish. I have four types I was thinking about choosing from. Dose any one else have a suggestion for the 3rd fish stocking? Heres my list.

1. pygmy pink streaked wrasse.

2. tanakas wrasse (can be cryptic)

3. Royal gramma (reports that some get
aggressive In smaller set ups)

4. 6 line wrasse. (May be too agressive)

BluewaterLa

LARC Boil Master
Administrator
LARC Supporter
For the new tank I want to add some more types of zoas and shrooms a nice green cabage and possably a derasa clam or some kind of bivalve. I have 2 muscles that have been growing in my 10 for a few years alredy that started off black eyed pea sized and are now about 2 inches. I may add another leather possibly depending how it looks.

I want to get another clown either a mocha storm or a black storm or a mocha davinci and one other fish. I have four types I was thinking about choosing from. Dose any one else have a suggestion for the 3rd fish stocking? Heres my list.

1. pygmy pink streaked wrasse.

2. tanakas wrasse (can be cryptic)

3. Royal gramma (reports that some get
aggressive In smaller set ups)

4. 6 line wrasse. (May be too agressive)

I would go with Number 1 or 2

Lazyfish

Fire Shrimp
I'm seriously thinking about the pink streak. They are less cryptic than the tanaka and I think the colors would go well with the tank. The tank has cleared up and most of the corals are starting to settle except the cabage but it gets moody anyway I expect it to look like this atleast a few more days. Maby I'll catch the lights when they ste actualy all the way on and get some good pictures when I'm off work.
20210402_200443.jpg
20210402_200538.jpg
20210402_205812.jpg

Last edited:

Lazyfish

Fire Shrimp
So I want some macro algae in this tank I was thinking of adding like 2 or 3 types but literally every place I look is sold out.....

Lazyfish

Fire Shrimp
I finaly found one of them that I was looking for. I ordered some other stuff I was wanting at the same time. I also was after possibly some blue hypnea and either mexican fern or caulerpa prolifera. There was a spiky caulerpa species I had in an old tank I could never ID I wish I could find it again it was awesome. It's very simmilar to cactus caulerpa but the bumps are spaced a little differently and it was a more of a branching bushy form.
20210406_223802.jpg
you can see it in my old 29 biocube. I'm afraid I dont have much clearer views of it. I actualy got it from noas ark pets before it closed way back when they had saltwater. I asked for some and they wernt "selling" but they gave me a chunk with something else I bought.
20210406_224506.png
also yay my cowrie will finaly have a friend I plan to have 2 in each tank. I cant even remember how old mine is I got it from Mark's marine a few years before it went out if busness. I didnt know they live that long. I still have the red and the blue shrooms grandis pallys and cinnamon polyps that were in this tank.

Last edited:

Lazyfish

Fire Shrimp
Dumb question a thought just occured to me fresh water plant weights can they be used to hold down macros in reef tank untill they take hold?Or would they leach or something I'm not realy 100% sure what they are even made of.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
Administrator
LARC Supporter
POTM Winner
Dumb question a thought just occured to me fresh water plant weights can they be used to hold down macros in reef tank untill they take hold?Or would they leach or something I'm not realy 100% sure what they are even made of.
Aren't those typically made of metal?

Lazyfish

Fire Shrimp
Of some kind its not actualy lead that much I know...zinc magnesium and aluminum maby some kind of aloy I have no idea. They do not rust and are said to be shrimp safe and non reactive but idk about saltwater. I'm not going to up and put them in unless I can get a definitive answer dont wana try it and kill my corals off. Mostly just curious if this is even an option.

Last edited:

BluewaterLa

LARC Boil Master
Administrator
LARC Supporter
Of some kind its not actualy lead that much I know...zinc magnesium and aluminum maby some kind of aloy I have no idea. They do not rust and are said to be shrimp safe and non reactive but idk about saltwater. I'm not going to up and put them in unless I can get a definitive answer dont wana try it and kill my corals off. Mostly just curious if this is even an option.

I would use rock rubble and rubber band or fishing string to hold macro down in a saltwater tank.
Any metal with exception of titanium will have a negative impact on a saltwater tank.

Lazyfish

Fire Shrimp
I'm getting some green splotches on my lavender trach and some yellow streaks on my newest one. Intrested to see what happens with them.
20210415_134013.jpg
20210415_134431.jpg

Last edited: