Lazys two 20s

Users who are viewing this thread

BluewaterLa

LARC Boil Master
Administrator
LARC Supporter
Just caught one of my hermets running around streaking in the tank! I was so confused at first I was like o_O waz zat? Where did that weird crab come from ...oh..right naked hermet! He has other shells to choose from I guess his old one was too small and he couldnt find the others and decided to go au naturel lol. I handed him one and he practically jumped right in and scurried off fast as he could. First time ever seeing that.

It's a trip for sure to see in person.
Really funny when you have a few that are all trying new shells or competing for one or two larger shells. Absolutely crazy how fast they can pop in and out of a shell.

Lazyfish

Black Perc
Vivid aquarium has a 25% off sale. I found some zoas I've been wanting orange bam bams. scrambled eggs and tubs blues. Only zoa I need on my zoa list for the penensula now is mary Jane zoa then a bright orange shroom and a chalice with alot of bright green on it. I think I'll forgo the bright green cabage I was going to do and put some more zoas and shrooms instead. Will probly be just random ones that catch my eye. I'll get some pics when they come in.

I realy want a nice toadstool to finish out the other 20 maby a yellow. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for one.

Lazyfish

Black Perc
A koji Wada nepthea? I looked at them but they are rather pricey 80 to over 100 for a single 1 inch or smaller softie frag. Would take a long time to grow out.

Lazyfish

Black Perc
I dont go that way much unfortunatly maby once or twice a year if that. I'm litteraly out in the boonies. I'm closer twords Mccomb Mississippi. Than Lafayette or NewOrleans. Thanks for the offer tho.

Lazyfish

Black Perc
So um...found a chiton last night.. havent seen one in my tanks in a while very nice I love these things. Wish I could find some of the colorful ones for my tank. Colorfull chilton's or the more sluggish like chitons with the tiny shell on them and ostracods I realy wish I could get some.
20210522_213825.jpg
20210522_213916.jpg

Also I had a skeleton from a "grafted"acan ball that I did that I thought was dead like AGES ago I stuck the skeleton it in the back and aparently it wasnt dead. I have 3 polyps for sure 1 bright orange striped one and 2 gold orange with grey rim. Possibly I have a green and purple one and possibly another orange stripe one on another piece. Looks like a bit of tissue may be appearing on that one. I fraged off the healthy polyps and moved them to a new location where they can get light and food. The possible polyps are also in a better location.
20210526_101616.jpg
20210526_101646.jpg

Tanks cloudy. Churned it up cleaning and about to do a water change.
Also check out these eggs.
20210526_101545.jpg
20210526_101841.jpg

Last edited:

Lazyfish

Black Perc
Got my shipment from vivid aquarium in...not sure what to think about it yet. Looks like they were fraged yesterday and sent out glue is still fresh even and the polyps are quite small. One of then the frag plug is so fresh it's still pure white...that yellowish spot is a shadow btw.
20210526_141238.jpg
scrambled eggs and bam bams starting to open in bags so that's good.

Also my favia just showed up from unique coral well encrusted and larger than I thought so yay!

Last edited:

Lazyfish

Black Perc
Fts I'll probly move clam back where he was before he seemed happier in that flow for some reason.
20210528_103045.jpg

Heres the favia the eyes are super green in person second picture is prety close to the flesh color in person depending very much on the lighting. Caught it feeding
20210528_102950.jpg
20210527_131631.jpg

Bam bams and eggs are open tubs blues still not open.
20210527_131255.jpg
20210527_131119.jpg

I'm prety sure this thing was flipping me off after the water change.
20210527_101857.jpg
20210527_101729.jpg

Maby because of this?
20210526_180541.jpg

Started mixing my own salt again instead of buying it. Used rodi water. I'll probly start doing this regularly again. I still use tap from the well system to top up the tank between water changes when I do t have rodi corals have never seemed to care. Back in the day I used strait well water for mixing my salt water never caused a problem that I could remember realy but I was only keeping all softies and a few rfa back then.

Lazyfish

Black Perc
The top offs are bad on the penensula it's like a cup a day. In the other tank is like once sometimes twice a week but the other tank has a glass top and partly covered filtration section. It runs cooler than the other tank also be cause of this I want to put in a heater. I found one that will fit in the pump chamber but the water level fluctuates too much I was going to hook up my ancient icecap ato with a 2.5g tank as a reservoir but last night my snails started getting on the inlet and blocking the flow partialy causing the water level in that chamber to drop. They do this routinely so it's a big risk of triggering the ato to dump water into the tank. I may have to just squeeze the darn heater in next to / below my skimmer pump in chamber 2 and forgo the ato...atleast the temp would be more constant ....ugh guess I'll have to get a top made I actualy kind of liked the one that's on it...

Lazyfish

Black Perc
Got my inkbird in waiting on the heater temp swings aparently are not as bad as I thought its probly only going to be kicking on at night that's when my temps usualy get on the low side.

I have 2 new Lps comming next week a pastel looking reverse prism favia/favites and a rather plain but intresting "platygyra" that looking at the growth I think is actually a leptoria phrygia. I'm still debating if the last favia I got may be a type of platygyra it still dosnt seem quite right for a favia. When it grows out more hopefuly I can see for sure what it is.

The tubs blues never did open they shriveled up and now apparently disapeared. I moved the eggs they have a new polyp alredy. I took the c prolifera out of the penensula tank I decided I didnt care for it in there and put it in the other 20 where it looks much better the clowns in that tank are now hosting it.

Last edited:

Lazyfish

Black Perc
The favia looks great havent seen feeders but it did eat last night. The other not so much the water was cloudy and didnt smell great in the bag when I got it but it was still intact looking so I thought it was ok. It didnt react at all yesterday during acclimation and never puffed up or anything after I put it in but it looked ok otherwise. Now it appears sections of tissue are sloughing off today. It was sent with a cold pack in the box but the water was still prety warm when it got here. Dang it. I had a sillilar problem with a war paint scoly years ago when I ordered from Austin aquafarms its actualy the reason I havent ordered from them again untill now. The live arrival is only like 2 hrs after you get it too. Atleast it was on sale and I didnt pay that much for it. Hopfully it stops sloughing tissue and turns around.

Last edited:

Lazyfish

Black Perc
Thanks I've had them a long time. I got the toadstool at the size of a quarter years ago. The toadstool is self fragging again and I just chopped a chunk off my cabbage the big gorg is next on my list for a haricut.

Lazyfish

Black Perc
Picture dump for the penensula.
20210615_105848.jpg
20210615_105923.jpg
20210615_105708.jpg
20210615_112053.jpg
20210615_112158.jpg
20210615_112341.jpg

I have x2 of these some kind of muscle its shell is mottled green and brown I've had them for years. They started out the size of a marble now it's about 2 &1/2 inches long it grows slow. The other is embedded under my toadstool you can hardly see it.
20210615_112448.jpg
they are nps filter feeders but seem to be doing just fine with no special attention.

Lazyfish

Black Perc
Ok sooo cleaning the garage and storage shed and I just found a 3/4 full bucket of instant ocean reef Crystal's that I aparently misplaced and forgot about. I thought it was empty or had something else in it at first. I havent seen it since probly 2010....its dated to 2009...is that stuff even any good lol. It's still sealed and it's not a brick soooo dose this stuff even go bad? I guess I can keep it for a back up for emergency if it's ok to use...realy I have no idea it's one of those big buckets too. I would hate to toss it but....and I just bought that bucket of tropic marin bio-actif salt too lol.