LF input on SB Reeflights

Users who are viewing this thread

ReefJeeves

Peppermint Shrimp
Does anyone have any experience with SB reeflights. Looking at their nano box Sprite model for a nano. I know the ai primes are great lights but considering other options. Also any other options for up to a 25 gallon cube tank?

Humblefish

HF
Administrator
LARC Supporter
POTM Winner
No first-hand experience, but lots of people over here on the panhandle own one as the company is based in Pensacola. The lights themselves are mfg in China and drop shipped from there. Word I get is that it's a pretty good black box LED, especially for growing acans & chalices. Something about the spectrum he uses. However, if the light breaks on you, and you have to get it RMA that's when the nightmare begins. They repair the lights here in Pensacola, but are so backlogged that it can sometimes take months to get the light back.

ReefJeeves

Peppermint Shrimp
You could use a 165w MarsAqua or Viparspectra. A used Prime HD probably isn't hard to find these days (since the new Prime 16 is out).
Had a line a used prime hd but the guy couldn’t find the power brick. I just think the regular black boxes are too large to put over a small cube tank. It’s almost as big as the tank lol