Life guard crystal 9.8 gallon

Users who are viewing this thread

Shus Blues Aquatics

Fire Shrimp
I’m writing this thread to give a solid review on this sweet little AIO I picked up. I grabbed it today from Coral Connection, thanks to Dustin. My original plan was to get just a 5mm, low iron, ten gallon glass tank and custom build. However then I saw this and realized how much more convenient and AIO, since I already have one and scooped this sleek little tank. The tank is a 9.98 gallon made by Life guard aquatics. Tank has 5mm, Low iron glass and is a sharp, with superb clarity. The back chamber came with a pump, sponge and bio balls. Also has plenty of room for ad one. I am a really big fan of the IM Nuvo series and currently have the IM 20. I will definitely say Lifeguard Aquatics makes an outstanding nano AIO. This one in my opinion rivals many others out there. Now I will take you through the set up.

Shus Blues Aquatics

Fire Shrimp
Here are the specs.

2E92FA55-71D5-4DAB-BC69-21D94787DCB1.jpeg

Shus Blues Aquatics

Fire Shrimp
I created an Aquascape days ago solely out of rubble I had in my storage. I pieced it all together and let it set. I picked up a bag of the Carib Sea Hawaiian black sand. I have never done black sand so why not. I put 10lbs in it, placed in my scape and filled it with 5 gallons from my IM20 and 5 gallons freshly mixed. I also did not put the bio balls in the back chamber cause natural is better in my opinion, so that’s filled with dry and live rubble. Now I sit back and let the nitrogen cycle commence. I will give updates on which direction I decided to go in with live stock in the future. Here are the pics.

554D102C-E9E3-4C0D-82FB-D511232E720B.jpeg

94178D16-5D89-4B29-AF79-3EF3847D0B93.jpeg

35E8C2EE-5A3F-4D38-9971-64E0613A0FE6.jpeg

Shus Blues Aquatics

Fire Shrimp
Looking good! I also just setup a nano using black sand for the first time. Will be a shroom and softie tank so not concerned about any metals that might be in that substrate.
Thanks, I will also be stocking this one as a softie only. I actually setup an the old Aquaeon 2.5 gallon as pico reef and it grew into a shroom box. Here’s a picture
DDA9DDB6-45A9-41B6-8935-0526102CEAC8.jpeg

01502EE8-8689-4F77-A110-FC6697B538A5.jpeg

This was about 10 years ago.

Shus Blues Aquatics

Fire Shrimp
Looks great. I envy you because me, I couldn't do a small tank. I think mines to small and you've seen it lol
Well it’s like I mentioned to you before, between hurricanes and moving every three years, breaking down a big tank is to much. Keeping nanos allows me to put it all in an ice chest, in my car and hit the road. One day I’m sure I will have a large tank again. Yours is looking real good.

clsanchez77

Reefkeeping Extremist
Global Moderator
I created an Aquascape days ago solely out of rubble I had in my storage. I pieced it all together and let it set. I picked up a bag of the Carib Sea Hawaiian black sand. I have never done black sand so why not. I put 10lbs in it, placed in my scape and filled it with 5 gallons from my IM20 and 5 gallons freshly mixed. I also did not put the bio balls in the back chamber cause natural is better in my opinion, so that’s filled with dry and live rubble. Now I sit back and let the nitrogen cycle commence. I will give updates on which direction I decided to go in with live stock in the future. Here are the pics.

View attachment 18273

View attachment 18274

View attachment 18275

This is really nice. Seeing some of the corals you have had up for sale, this should be a really nice tank. Looking forward to it.

Nightfire

CrossHatch Trigger
Well it’s like I mentioned to you before, between hurricanes and moving every three years, breaking down a big tank is to much. Keeping nanos allows me to put it all in an ice chest, in my car and hit the road. One day I’m sure I will have a large tank again. Yours is looking real good.
Very true, easy pickup and go. I love the rocks ape for sure so I'm following along

Shus Blues Aquatics

Fire Shrimp
I have the first buyer review for this tank. Should anyone be interested in ever purchasing this tank here are a couple cons I have discovered. First off as with many stock pumps, they tend to be a bit noisy. This one sounded like oil crackling in pan. Easy fix swap it with one of my small pumps in storage and used some DIY to fit it perfectly. Second the return line did not come with nozzle fitting, it was just open lock line. No sweat there, just picked up an 1” 1/4” x 1/2” flare nozzle and two more loc line pieces. Other than that fantastic little tank.

Before
B7CDADC2-D526-4465-8A8A-94C342ADAEA2.jpeg

After
DD79E310-3654-405F-A94C-8ABD363685BB.jpeg

Shus Blues Aquatics

Fire Shrimp
2 weeks of circulation
Ammonia 0 ppm
Nitrite 0 ppm
Nitrate 0.5 ppm

Faster than I expected. Time to start thinking about a fish. Open to suggestions.