Lost my Falco today

Users who are viewing this thread

clsanchez77

Reefkeeping Extremist
Global Moderator
Well, during a work call, I noticed my Falco on its side. I removed the fish and inspected it. No external parasites, no external wounds...except for a bristle-worm halfway up its @$$. I did a freshwater dip, to see if any parasites would bail out of the gill area and nothing.

This is my first fish loss in probably 3 years. I have added nothing to this tank in 3 years time. I am confident the bristle work did not kill it and I am equally confident I don't have any other predators in the tank. I dismiss old age as the hawkfish was not that big, maybe 1-1/4". I will never know.

Unfortunately, I had to send my off to Apple for repairs. With COVID, the store is closed so I could not get a swapped or onsite repairs. I have pictures on my work phone but I can't get them on here like my personal one. Will upload some pictures later.

Lloyd Williams

Harlequin Tusk
Well, during a work call, I noticed my Falco on its side. I removed the fish and inspected it. No external parasites, no external wounds...except for a bristle-worm halfway up its @$$. I did a freshwater dip, to see if any parasites would bail out of the gill area and nothing.

This is my first fish loss in probably 3 years. I have added nothing to this tank in 3 years time. I am confident the bristle work did not kill it and I am equally confident I don't have any other predators in the tank. I dismiss old age as the hawkfish was not that big, maybe 1-1/4". I will never know.

Unfortunately, I had to send my off to Apple for repairs. With COVID, the store is closed so I could not get a swapped or onsite repairs. I have pictures on my work phone but I can't get them on here like my personal one. Will upload some pictures later.

Sorry about your loss bro. Sucks when we lose one we like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk