My Hydor Koralia just died

Users who are viewing this thread

Alque01

Cleaner Shrimp
I noticed it was not working and I reached in to tap it. The small cut on my finger tingled from the presence of stray current.

I removed the powerhead and searched for warranty information. I was lucky enough to find all of my receipts and packaging and I was also pleased to find that the pumps come with a 2 yr warranty.

I purchased my pump in 02/07, so I am starting my warranty claim. I will let you guys know how it goes.

Anyone have any experience with Marine Depot, or Hydor with warranty claims?

Kirk_M

Chevron Tang
LARC Supporter
I have had excellent experiences with Hydor warranty service. I had two Hydor FLO attachments for maxijets about a year ago, that died at 6 months of use. They replaced them for me, and sent me two extra ones. Same with a korallia impeller that broke. Just go to their website, and contact their USA service...don't bother with calling Marine Depot, because they will tell you that you have to contact the manufacturer.

BlakeAll

Fire Shrimp
they had a recall on some a while back for leaking current. i contacted korallia sent it back and they replaced it in about a week

dreamdrummr

Copepod
I bought 3 of the smaller ones, cant remember which models and just for the heck of it, I checked the voltage from the water in the tank to ground and read 17 volts. If you use these, make sure you use a ground probe.