New chapter, new build

Users who are viewing this thread

clsanchez77

Reefkeeping Extremist
Global Moderator
Man, that poor Royal Gramma needs some friends. One of the very few fish you can mate up in your display tank. Unfortunately, you have to make sure you do not end up with two males, which is tricky.

Lloyd Williams

CrossHatch Trigger
Man, that poor Royal Gramma needs some friends. One of the very few fish you can mate up in your display tank. Unfortunately, you have to make sure you do not end up with two males, which is tricky.

I do need to add a few friends but gotta get a lid first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lazyfish

Neon Goby
Love the baby orange rfa too bad they grow so slow at first. I have alot of them that pop up I think lsuhunter ended up with one in the macro I gave him I dont even know what color. I get a mix of blea ones and ultras. Did that baby come from one of your old ones? Are you planning more rfa for the tank?

Lloyd Williams

CrossHatch Trigger
Love the baby orange rfa too bad they grow so slow at first. I have alot of them that pop up I think lsuhunter ended up with one in the macro I gave him I dont even know what color. I get a mix of blea ones and ultras. Did that baby come from one of your old ones? Are you planning more rfa for the tank?

It came from the old evo. I plan on adding 50 more

Lloyd Williams

CrossHatch Trigger
Slight update….
050b1de183562702627bc52aa79d5e49.jpg

feec8122be3135dce2587c836e418ab1.jpg

efc5388bef818861849859a53911c2f1.jpg

dbaaa42a3de099e396ac27f6356c6964.jpg

Lloyd Williams

CrossHatch Trigger
That’s !! I want a skull like that. Where did you buy it ?

I had the skull made. It was supposed to be a castle greyskul motif but liked it better this way! Couldn’t figure out how to put the sand fall in there because of the layout of the scape…

clsanchez77

Reefkeeping Extremist
Global Moderator

Lloyd Williams

CrossHatch Trigger
This is what we never realized every reef needs! You need to get something encrusting it :cool:

I wanna get a pectinia in there. Not sure how much further on encrusting though. My a skittles bomb

BumpaBaaby

Neon Goby
I had the skull made. It was supposed to be a castle greyskul motif but liked it better this way! Couldn’t figure out how to put the sand fall in there because of the layout of the scape…

Cyphastrea would look nice and it’s not expensive

Lloyd Williams

CrossHatch Trigger
Y’all got frags? lol

clsanchez77

Reefkeeping Extremist
Global Moderator
Leptastrea too or montipora or an encrusting pavonia.
I think he is too high and lighting is way too direct for these. Although and encrusting montipora could work.

Cyphastrea would look nice and it’s not expensive
Same here. Cyphastrea has bleached on me if the lighting is too high.

How about a Stylocoeniella? A different color type. These are encrusting and do well in high light. No idea what you PAR is, but since you are only inches from the water surface, I don't think it will be a problem. Since you are near the top of the tank, these won't branch.

BumpaBaaby

Neon Goby
I think he is too high and lighting is way too direct for these. Although and encrusting montipora could work.

How about a Stylocoeniella? A different color type. These are encrusting and do well in high light. No idea what you PAR is, but since you are only inches from the water surface, I don't think it will be a problem. Since you are near the top of the tank, these won't branch.
I have mine underneath a neon green toadstool

Attachments

• E879C0D2-3201-4A36-A7FC-5F87950B094B.jpeg
    E879C0D2-3201-4A36-A7FC-5F87950B094B.jpeg
    178.3 KB · Views: 32

CenlaReefer

Spiny Star Astraea
LARC Supporter

I have some burning banana stylo you can have for free to put up on top to encrust it.