New to LaRC, but have almost a year of experience in the hobby

Users who are viewing this thread

Ocean’s Piece

Aptasia
Hey everybody. I’m the new guy on yet another forum. I have been in the hobby for 11 months with my Biocube 32 and have primarily been on R2R. What made me join was the incredible deals on the used equipment and livestock ads people have put out, so I will definitely be buying things from there. Hope everyone has a good day and happy Reefing.
D9A67994-A994-45CA-A5C2-55BC932000E3.jpeg
D052F18B-7B3A-4779-976F-E44EC52B6C35.jpeg

You can check out my journey so far here:

R2R build thread: Build Thread - Reef in Progress

YouTube channel: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCEWCIj6yc7Goxg-ez80CbuA?sub_confirmation=1

clsanchez77

Reefkeeping Extremist
Global Moderator
Welcome to the club. Yea, sadly things in La have not been great and our hobby has locally suffered. But as they saying goes, one man's loss is another man's gain. But, yes looking forward to how this tank progresses. Perhaps with all the tanks for sale, we might even see an upgrade LOL.

Ocean’s Piece

Aptasia
Welcome to the club. Yea, sadly things in La have not been great and our hobby has locally suffered. But as they saying goes, one man's loss is another man's gain. But, yes looking forward to how this tank progresses. Perhaps with all the tanks for sale, we might even see an upgrade LOL.
Might upgrade, who knows. May rock the most tightly packed Biocube 32 ever, that’s also a possibility. Anyways, I’ve been enjoying the ride, and I don’t think the enjoyment will truly ever end. Have had aquariums all my life, and I don’t know what I would do without one.

Kelsi Guidry

Cleaner Shrimp
LARC Vendor
POTY Winner
I’d have to disagree with this, but I’ve only been in the hobby for 4 years to know a difference. Based on the last few reefer events around me, things seem to be going well. Idk…

clsanchez77

Reefkeeping Extremist
Global Moderator
I’d have to disagree with this, but I’ve only been in the hobby for 4 years to know a difference. Based on the last few reefer events around me, things seem to be going well. Idk…

Yea, this used to be a much more hopping place LOL. Not a comment on quality btw, we continue to have wonderful members! Just not as many - place is quiet compared to what is used to be.

Kelsi Guidry

Cleaner Shrimp
LARC Vendor
POTY Winner
Yea, this used to be a much more hopping place LOL. Not a comment on quality btw, we continue to have wonderful members! Just not as many - place is quiet compared to what is used to be.
I don’t doubt that, but people consume web content differently these days. A slow forum does not mean a slow reefing community.
A lack of activity and freshness doesn’t draw in visitors to post which causes a lack of visitors reading which causes a lack of original posters. It just becomes a downhill cycle. Perhaps this club can come together to discuss what we can do to pump life back into it.

BluewaterLa

LARC Boil Master
Administrator
LARC Supporter
I don’t doubt that, but people consume web content differently these days. A slow forum does not mean a slow reefing community.
A lack of activity and freshness doesn’t draw in visitors to post which causes a lack of visitors reading which causes a lack of original posters. It just becomes a downhill cycle. Perhaps this club can come together to discuss what we can do to pump life back into it.

We have many members here that log in regularly and while the content is a bit slow it has always been this way around holidays and trying times such as aftermath of storms and other issues.
Content has been lacking of late and we have not planned any events during this odd time with Covid and I will leave that there.
We will however recover from this slow period and have things in the works gearing toward pre damnpanic mode with meets and such.
Staff here is balancing between rebuilding homes, life issues like everyone else and the duties of forum activity. Please bare with us through this upside down time.

pecanislandreefer

Black Perc
Hey everybody. I’m the new guy on yet another forum. I have been in the hobby for 11 months with my Biocube 32 and have primarily been on R2R. What made me join was the incredible deals on the used equipment and livestock ads people have put out, so I will definitely be buying things from there. Hope everyone has a good day and happy Reefing.View attachment 23091View attachment 23092
You can check out my journey so far here:

R2R build thread: Build Thread - Reef in Progress

YouTube channel: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCEWCIj6yc7Goxg-ez80CbuA?sub_confirmation=1

Beautiful tank!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk