Powder Brown Ich?

Users who are viewing this thread

BryanJr

Bangaii Cardinal
On Thursday I noticed what I thought was a scrape on his side. Looked like our skin would if it was rubbed on something abrasive. Didn’t think much about it. Yesterday noticed some additional white spots on his fins and a little more pronounced. Pulled him out to monitor but thinking it’s Ich. @Humblefish what you think?
055541DF-955B-400B-A505-E6B9102B21A1.jpeg
599FED4C-EF76-44F8-BC1B-2E2C88392024.jpeg
637E15A8-5C04-4191-B17A-9A21F83F0971.jpeg
F5507FF7-9D14-4AAC-A1EB-E64DB04339C6.jpeg
4A0428B6-8C50-40B8-AAA0-755420FFB299.jpeg

BryanJr

Bangaii Cardinal
Since I have him isolated now, would it be worth running him through copper treatment to rule ich out? Or just monitor?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
Administrator
LARC Supporter
POTM Winner
Since I have him isolated now, would it be worth running him through copper treatment to rule ich out? Or just monitor?
I would just monitor for now, and put some black mollies in your DT to test for Ich:

BryanJr

Bangaii Cardinal
Noticing now that all the white spots look like strings hanging off of him. He is also twitching a lot and swimming erratic.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
Administrator
LARC Supporter
POTM Winner
Those look more like bacterial or viral lesions. How's the ammonia in the QT? I would siphon that uneaten food off the bottom.

BryanJr

Bangaii Cardinal
Those look more like bacterial or viral lesions. How's the ammonia in the QT? I would siphon that uneaten food off the bottom.
Ammonia is fine. It’s not uneaten food just fragments of the live rock that was once in there. Had it set up and running for a few months prior. Pulled the rock out before I put him in. How should I treat?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
Administrator
LARC Supporter
POTM Winner
Ammonia is fine. It’s not uneaten food just fragments of the live rock that was once in there. Had it set up and running for a few months prior. Pulled the rock out before I put him in. How should I treat?
I would probably dose Kanaplex + Metroplex every 48 hours for 10 days just in case this is a bacterial issue which could spread.

BryanJr

Bangaii Cardinal
After treatment over the last week. Looking much better. I have noticed that what was hanging from him appears to have been scales? @Humblefish you had mentioned in a previous post about that you would recommend cleaning the uneaten food from the bottom of the tank of which I assumed were fragment from the live rock previously in there. Turns out that they kept coming back. It wasn’t till I noticed him scratching up against PVC in the tank where they were located and seeing them fall off. When I retrieved it from the tank a few days later there were plenty and it was rock hard. Could that be what it is or am I mistaken? There is no sign of it anymore but he is still rubbing on the PVC from time to time.
234764CD-0D57-4715-B1AD-A04EED5B67EB.jpeg
CA4E79E0-35B6-4C4B-B3C2-2BFC82F605E0.jpeg

BryanJr

Bangaii Cardinal
Did the FW dip and nothing came off. He was really swimming erratically prior too but is much calmer following the FW dip.

BryanJr

Bangaii Cardinal
Took a look and did see an area on his left side but kinda looks like a spot that’s healing. What you think?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
Administrator
LARC Supporter
POTM Winner
Took a look and did see an area on his left side but kinda looks like a spot that’s healing. What you think?
Hard to say. Could be the start of something or just irritation from rubbing.

Here's the thing: Something is causing him to scratch/rub. It's not flukes. My guess is parasites: Ich, velvet, brook or uronema.