Quarantine Fairy wrasse

Users who are viewing this thread

BryanJr

Harlequin Tusk
Started QT on my new addition, pintail fairy wrasse. Got him last weekend from Aqua hut.
58306036-88EB-4DF7-A1A0-3A3065466974.jpeg

Was a little surprised to see when I got home he had been in copper levels of 2.52. I knew he was in copper but figured it would be low levels. He, according to the arrival date on the tank, was only there 2 days. Hasn’t seemed to negatively affect him in any way. I decided to raise the copper level in the tank to 2.0 instead and put him in. Salinity was low(1.017) and I adjusted accordingly. Has been doing great and eating well. Have been following the schedule layout on the copper power calculator (listed on @Humblefish post for copper dosing) since starting.
Day 1- start with copper at 2.0
Day 2- raise copper to 2.25
Day 3- copper to 2.5 and add metro
Day 5- metro
Day 7- metro
Day 9- metro add Prazipro dose 1of 2
Day 11- metro
Day13- metro
Day 18- Prazipro dose 2 of 2
Day 19- move to observation tank or keep in copper for 30 days (would be day 32 finish)

@Humblefish does this look correct? Where if any would I need to change water? Im currently on day 7 and just added metro for the 3rd time. Also, what would be the best time and how should I raise the salinity to match my reef tank. There is very little evaporation as I keep a plexiglass lid on the tank.
For those interested here is the link to the post I got the copper calculator from. New recommendation for chelated copper

Humblefish

HF
Administrator
LARC Supporter
POTM Winner
@BryanJr Looks good except I would deworm with Prazipro after copper/metro, unless he is showing signs of flukes. No reason to dump 3 different meds on a fish simultaneously if you don’t have to.

Also, be sure to cover your tank well (and even be careful when the lid is off for feeding/maintenance) because Pintails are crazy jumpers.

BryanJr

Harlequin Tusk
@BryanJr Looks good except I would deworm with Prazipro after copper/metro, unless he is showing signs of flukes. No reason to dump 3 different meds on a fish simultaneously if you don’t have to.

Also, be sure to cover your tank well (and even be careful when the lid is off for feeding/maintenance) because Pintails are crazy jumpers.
Ok thanks. Are water changes necessary while dosing metro or prazi?

Humblefish

HF
Administrator
LARC Supporter
POTM Winner
Ok thanks. Are water changes necessary while dosing metro or prazi?
Metro no; but I would do a 25% water change before administering the second Prazipro dosage.

I would use this treatment calendar to determine when is the best time to add the second dose: Marine Parasites

The treatment calendar takes water temp & salinity into consideration which affects the lifecycle. The reason for the second dose is to eradicate the “next generation” of worms before they can lay eggs of their own. Because while Prazi does kill worms, it doesn’t eliminate any eggs they might leave behind.