Red Sea Reefer Deluxe XL 200 Build

Users who are viewing this thread

marine_tibby

Harlequin Tusk
What about rolling your own? Get a cheap tubberware container for the size you need and box it out with some craft work. You can go plywood stained or painted, or hit a craft store and get creating with basketweave or something else. There are many ideas out on the web for some creative ATO options.

For example, here is a "food safe" 50 lb pet food container for $45. Looks like it will hold about 15 gallons of water. At 14"x14" footprint, you could skin this in a 3/8" plywood box about 15"x15" footprint or even tighter. Make it out of headboard and/opr Decorate it to your liking. Does not need a bottom, make the top removable (no hardware needed) and put a potted plant on it or make it into a cat tree. There is a lot of options.
Thanks so much, I will defiantly look into this more

marine_tibby

Harlequin Tusk
I went ahead and ordered one of those bins. I grabbed the one that was 22" tall, I think it should hold around 14 gallons. That should put me near the 2.5-3 week mark for having to fill it back up. ':banana:' I also put in the cart the Osmolator Nano 3152. I will also need to get a float valve for filling up the bin.

On a side note, I should be receiving my ICP test kit any day now. I have been dosing[via pump] All-for-Reef and NP-Bacto for well over 6 months, including regular water changes. I am really curious where the tank sits at. This is probably around the 18 month mark for the thank.

BluewaterLa

LARC Boil Master
Administrator
LARC Supporter
':)))'
fish was smelling that food and wanted some eh ?

Best to use this at night when the bristle worms are actively feeding and fish are resting.

marine_tibby

Harlequin Tusk
':)))'
fish was smelling that food and wanted some eh ?

Best to use this at night when the bristle worms are actively feeding and fish are resting.
When I saw the fish in there it clicked sooo fast. How does a boy who was raised in the bayous and marsh not see this as a fish trap? if I get a smaller bottle maybe I can just game the open end against the rockwork.

Extra laughs, My heart dropped when my eye saw that starfish. Scared me so much.