Red Sea Reefer Deluxe XL 200 Build

Users who are viewing this thread

marine_tibby

Harlequin Tusk
Now there are three.
PXL_20220620_173926334.MP.jpg

marine_tibby

Harlequin Tusk
I know what the middle and right one are. What is the acro to the left called?
No clue. I didn't even ask the name of it. I saw the flow and lights it was under, calculated I could replicate it easily and snagged it. It was dark purple there but has turned all sorts of colors under my lights. Real excited about that one. Been putting thoughts into where I want to mount them all at.

marine_tibby

Harlequin Tusk
Traded some Zoas today
PXL_20220729_223929740.MP.jpg

I have it sitting in about ~125 PAR and a medium non-chaotic flow. pretty much a strong tidal flow every 45 seconds.

PXL_20220729_224405158.MP.jpg

Look forward to seeing this grow in with the rest of the tank. It has it's own rock just for itself.

marine_tibby

Harlequin Tusk
I ordered some AcroPower. I want to start dosing Amino Acids but just couldn't make up my mind which one to go with. I have had great success manual dosing AcroPower a couple years ago. This time I will be dosing by the pump. Can't wait to see the results.

clsanchez77

Reefkeeping Extremist
Global Moderator
A lot of debate in the hobby about amino acids, but AcroPower seems to always have to most people swearing by it. I'm all for tinkering with our tanks. I would recommend taking some photos before you start and then maybe weekly or bi-weekly so you can compare the results and see if it is working for you. Our memories are selective and biased lol, so cannot be trusted. You really need the photos.

marine_tibby

Harlequin Tusk
A lot of debate in the hobby about amino acids, but AcroPower seems to always have to most people swearing by it. I'm all for tinkering with our tanks. I would recommend taking some photos before you start and then maybe weekly or bi-weekly so you can compare the results and see if it is working for you. Our memories are selective and biased lol, so cannot be trusted. You really need the photos.
Oh yeah! You google ANY of the big names in Aminos and you will see hot debates. The only two I have tried was the Acropower and Selcon. I always seemed to have algae breakouts on Selcon but the amount of color it added to my fish was worth it most of the time. (not this time though) Acropower I felt worked like a miracle grow. No one knows what is in it and some people have very bad reactions in their tank including STN. My plans are to start really slowly. 0.20mL every 2 hours while lights are on. I don't have a prediction what this style of dosing will gain but I am really interested in the results.

marine_tibby

Harlequin Tusk
Checking on my hammer's health, looked a bit droopy.