Red Sea Reefer Deluxe XL 200 Build

Users who are viewing this thread

Grabloids

CrossHatch Trigger
I am currently sitting at the point of waiting. 3 corals should definitive signs of RTN after the Snowicane(trademark). I pulled out my homemade coral food and started feeding everyday. Ordered some Selcon, should be in today. One of the SPS has already started to bounce back. The other SPS is still rather bleached and polyps not fully extended in the bleached area, but other areas looking okay. I have one LPS that is not doing so well. I give it a 40/60 win/lose right now. I don't want to touch it or mess with it in anyway. Were it is at it had insane growth speed, hoping it could pull through.
Hope they make it!

marine_tibby

Flasher Wrasse
A simple time-lapse of the tank during feeding.

Things to keep an eye out for
The emerald crabs.
The dottyback's(Male) interest in the emerald crabs
The clown goby's(Female) love on the MontiCap
The corals are all washed out from the storm. They all but 2 seem to be on the road to recovery. 1 SPS, 1 LPS. The SPS being seen at the top left of the video with the algae feeding off the rotten flesh on the tip.

marine_tibby

Flasher Wrasse
I have one coral still doing real bad after the snow. I also think my micro fauna died off and causing this weird up growth across my substrate. 40% water change today. I don't understand what they are feeding on because my parameters are all still steady. Phosphates .03-.05 Nitrates are in the teens like I like them. IDK
IMG_20210228_133420.jpg
IMG_20210228_133045.jpg

marine_tibby

Flasher Wrasse
Something else that I am doing right now is I changed the lighting spectrum. Removed 90% of the whites. I think it puts it around 23k look. I was told that with the ReefLED 90 that you can do that without issues with coral growth. Stated that it would help manage certain types of Algae. The tank is almost 1 year old. The tank was delivered on March 4th.

Last edited: