Saints training camp thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Troy the Nomad

Harlequin Tusk
Coyle said:
damn dude... colston signed for 4yr/15mil, 10 guaranteed....did we pay off his agent or something?
Colston didn't have any leverage. He got the shortest extension he could while still getting (somewhat) paid. Don't be surprised when he signs another one in a few years.

wiltzlan

Ko-Ko Worm
5000, I'm selling my tickets too and my neighbor's. I can watch the NFL package on a brand new 50" LCD.

tebmsu97

Ko-Ko Worm
Duece already getting fluid drained, not a good sign.

I think our Ole Miss man might just be reaching the end of his time in the bigs

Coyle

Ko-Ko Worm
yeah...i am holding out hope to opening day for the deuce, but it is not looking good....I am confident that the other backs can carry the load (this time)

A

Anonymous

They need to pic this guy and just get it over with.

Gambrinus: Patron Saint of beer or beer brewing.

385mike

Cleaner Shrimp
Question here..........should we trade Duece now while he still has some value........he's hurt now, and almost all last season too....I am all for loyalty, but you have to ask, would a Super Bowl winning team keep a hurt player?

oimate842005

Reefers Anonymous
Global Moderator
LARC Supporter
Yea, nobody would offer much for a guy coming off of 2 major sugeries. But I feel he's worth more then just having him on the field, he teaches the younger guys and is a leader. Id love for him to retire a Saint if he doesn't have it in him to continue his football career.

Coyle

Ko-Ko Worm
oimate842005 said:
Yea, nobody would offer much for a guy coming off of 2 major sugeries. But I feel he's worth more then just having him on the field, he teaches the younger guys and is a leader. Id love for him to retire a Saint if he doesn't have it in him to continue his football career.

ditto..id hate to see him go too, but at this point the only way he is leaving is if we release him

shag26272

Peacock Mantis Shrimp
If he is healthy , we wont trade him. If hes not no one will want him. It looks promising so far though. Just a little swelling here and there but he is ahead of where he was in 2006. Im thinking he will play and we will be one of the first teams to fully utilize 3 running backs.

Troy the Nomad

Harlequin Tusk
More good secondary news-
http://blog.nola.com/saintsbeat/2008/07 ... 8_mor.html

The Saints defense dominated the morning practice session, and the star of the show was second-year cornerback Usama Young, who intercepted two passes during team drills and another during one-on-one passing drills.

"The ball kept on coming to my side, and I just kept getting chances out there," said Young, who has been hit and miss during camp so far, but says he feels a lot more comfortable in his second year in the system. "We go out every day trying to do that, so today was a good one."

We definitely need someone to step up back there.

tebmsu97

Ko-Ko Worm
I don't know if Young will be ready this year, but he looks like he will be a player in the future. Hopefully he will have a break out year and can line up opposite MM so we can move JD to more of a nickel guy where I think he would be great.

Either that or JD steps up and learns to play man2man.