Setting up a biocube 16

Users who are viewing this thread

Jay F.

Cleaner Shrimp
I recently got my son a 16 gallon biocube. He is very excited because he loves my tank in the living room. I plan on going later today and get some rock from the lfs, and will mix some new seawater. I plan on using 5 gallons or so from my tank to seed it and maybe a rock or 2 out my tank. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Jay F.

Cleaner Shrimp
He's been doing so well in school I figured he deserves it. He's in the 10th grade and has gotten letters from old miss, tulane, southeastern, and holy cross so far. Glad he looks like me, not sure where the smarts came from lol

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
Administrator
LARC Supporter
POTM Winner
Personally, assuming everything is fine in your tank I would use some LR from that + dry rock to seed your son's tank. Buying LR from an unknown system introduces an X factor, and you could get some coral pest or fish disease (tomonts) in your son's tank.

The GOB

White Tip Reef Shark
Administrator
POTQ Winner
^That. Pilfer from current tank and hit the ground running.

Ole Miss and good grades is not something you hear everyday. '02 grad here.

Jay F.

Cleaner Shrimp
Welcome to your new addiction son.

Attachments

• 20191019_083416.jpg
    20191019_083416.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 79

Jay F.

Cleaner Shrimp
When it gets a little nore settled in i have some zoas amd some gsp i am going to put in there for him.

Jay F.

Cleaner Shrimp
That rock looks awesome

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
Got it from coral connection. Super nice guys out there. George and his crew are always a pleasure to deal with. One piece from there liverock bins filled it perfectly. I put some rubble from my tank to help it out some. I got their mixed water only because it was late and i didnt have time to mix a batch. I have a fresh batch today to do my livingrokm tank. I may swap out a few gallons with my water