Sexy shrimp

Users who are viewing this thread

CenlaReefer

Undulate Triggerfish
LARC Supporter
IMG_0032.JPG
I just got a pair of these beautiful sexy shrimp from Humblefish. Thank you so much Bobby! I put these beautiful little creatures in my softy-only 10 gallon tank. What is everyone's opinion about me keeping a jester goby with them. Will that fish go after them?

Last edited:

BluewaterLa

LARC Boil Master
Administrator
LARC Supporter
View attachment 2587 I just got a pair of these beautiful sexy shrimp from Humblefish. Thank you so much Bobby! I put these beautiful little creatures in my softy-only 10 gallon tank. What is everyone's opinion about me keeping a jester goby with them. With that fish go after them?

Jester goby, I've seen this common name used for a rainfordi goby. Is this the same fish you have.
If so the rainfordi goby is too small to bother the shrimp.

If not the type I think, is there another name for the goby and I'll look in my books for information for you.

BluewaterLa

LARC Boil Master
Administrator
LARC Supporter
The court jester or rainfordi goby is omnivorous requiring filamentous algae to graze on and small crustaceans such as pods and brine shrimp, they will eat tiny snail species ( TINY snails )
All information I have on them states reef safe and peaceful with tank mates, loves hiding places.

I've had one years back and it was never seen for quite some time till it realized my tangs wouldn't bother him and the big headed dude on the other side of the glass wasn't after him either.
After a few months of acclimation in my reef this little critter showed large personality
I may get another one but may never see it in my tank I have now.

Post up some pictures of those "sexy" shrimp you got haha
And your goby

CenlaReefer

Undulate Triggerfish
LARC Supporter
Jester goby, I've seen this common name used for a rainfordi goby. Is this the same fish you have.
If so the rainfordi goby is too small to bother the shrimp.

That is the correct fish. I do not have it yet, however I am asking Seth at Coral Fever to get it in to quarantine it along with some fish for my brother. That is good news that I can keep both that fish and the two little shrimp in the 10 gallon tank.

I will post pics when I get them all together finally.