Tang compatibility?

Users who are viewing this thread

David B

Peppermint Shrimp
@Humblefish do you foresee an issue with having a yellow tang (already established) and a kole tang, and a white tail to be added at the same time. Yellow tang approx 4” both kole and white tail will be in the 2”to 3” range. Tank is a 6’x 18”x 23”

Humblefish

HF
Administrator
LARC Supporter
POTM Winner
After some initial aggression, the Yellow should be fine with either of those. However, the Kole + White Tail are unlikely to tolerate one another long-term because they are too closely related.

David B

Peppermint Shrimp
Is there another tang that I can add with the white tail and the yellow in a 125 gallon
After some initial aggression, the Yellow should be fine with either of those. However, the Kole + White Tail are unlikely to tolerate one another long-term because they are too closely related.

David B

Peppermint Shrimp
I had a powder blue but I had to remove him do to aggression toward the yellow. And I know most people say the powder blue is much prettier and I should have gotten rid of the yellow instead but the yellow was the better worker and spent much more time cleaning rock work

Humblefish

HF
Administrator
LARC Supporter
POTM Winner
Is there another tang that I can add with the white tail and the yellow in a 125 gallon

Another Zebrasoma (e.g. Sailfin, Purple, Gem) should be fine after some initial fighting. You could also do a small Hippo Tang, but it will eventually outgrow the tank.

Humblefish

HF
Administrator
LARC Supporter
POTM Winner
Ctenochaetus Tangs will sometimes tolerate one another, but I would try a Tomini or something. A Kole + White Tail look too similar for long-term compatibility.