Tideline 62 Lagoon AIO

Users who are viewing this thread

BryanJr

Harlequin Tusk
Well, decided to purchase the Tideline 62g AIO yesterday and should have it by Thursday. Will use this tank to move the contents of my 90 gallon to a safe location (laundry room/ fish room) during my home renovation. Treating this as a way to also get rid of the things I don’t want anymore and focus on the things I do. This will be an SPS dominated tank. I will reuse most of the old rock that I can fit, new sand (thinking of using Fiji Pink), as I currently have very fine sand that gets all over everything. Lighting will stay the same for now ( currently 2 Maxspect razors/ T5s), will likely upgrade once I can move the tank back in my living area. I’ve found a skimmer that will work in the rear compartment, just need BRS to get them back in stock. The AquaMaxx WS-1 will be a little under rated for the system but don’t plan on heavily stocking the tank either. The Tunze Comline® DOC Skimmer 9004 may fit, just need to check once I have the tank. The larger fish will likely move to my 210 and get some smaller ones for this system. Leaning towards adding some fairy and flasher wrasses, a tail spot blenny, keeping my Kole tang for algae control as well as my clown pair. I look forward to getting this project moving in the near future.

BluewaterLa

LARC Boil Master
Administrator
LARC Supporter
Looking forward to reading about this build and seeing some pictures.

Regarding the sand, my advise would be to go with Special grade if you are intending on SPS dominant tank.
I used fiji pink for decades, while it works well it still gets pushed around the tank with strong flow.
As your corals grow out and flow needs to be increased or having strong flow needed for SPS your sand will move around and having special grade with larger particles will stay put much better.
Not sure I would use fiji pink in any other tank that would need or demand strong flow ever again after using the Special grade, Though I did not mind the thick sand bed of fiji pink shifting naturally and if I wanted I would just push it back into place and allow the flow to dictate where it would mound up as long as there were no bare spots for long periods allowing algae to grow.

clsanchez77

Reefkeeping Extremist
Global Moderator
Regarding the sand, my advise would be to go with Special grade if you are intending on SPS dominant tank.
This is my favorite sand grain for multiple purposes. Just seems to be the all around best.

Well, decided to purchase the Tideline 62g AIO yesterday and should have it by Thursday. Will use this tank to move the contents of my 90 gallon to a safe location (laundry room/ fish room) during my home renovation.

What a great decision. Will be curious to see where you end up on the skimmer decision, but otherwise the quality of these tanks just seems to be hard to beat. Looking forward to this build.

BryanJr

Harlequin Tusk
I have the special grade in my 210 and do like it. It does tend to grow algae on it like it would on rocks, which I didn’t care for. Thought the Fiji would be ok with the high flow but guess I should steer clear. Thought of going bare bottom as well but don’t think I can bring my self to doing it.
As far as skimmers, if one of the skimmers I mentioned doesn’t do what I need it to I may try a small backpack with the in and output in one of the rear chambers. Not sure if it would work well like that or not. May try a small fuge as well in the back chamber we’ll see.

clsanchez77

Reefkeeping Extremist
Global Moderator
Special Grade does have larger grains so if it packs in, it will harbor "life" like a rock. Having fish/inverts that would turn the sand over would help with that....but I can also appreciate those are not always compatible with the like you want to keep in your tank. Fiji isn't a bad sand, its finer and solves that problem....but it does blow around in higher flows.

BryanJr

Harlequin Tusk
Will be placing an order from IPSF once I get the tank set up to help add some diversity and balance. Has anyone used the live sand and mud for their tanks? Any I’ll effects? I’ve heard good thing about IPSF but never placed an order with them before. Suggestions for what is worth getting?

BluewaterLa

LARC Boil Master
Administrator
LARC Supporter
Will be placing an order from IPSF once I get the tank set up to help add some diversity and balance. Has anyone used the live sand and mud for their tanks? Any I’ll effects? I’ve heard good thing about IPSF but never placed an order with them before. Suggestions for what is worth getting?

Whats the company again ?
search for IPSF brings up a bunch of odd things.

BryanJr

Harlequin Tusk
Well when I ordered the tank last week from a local store there were 6 in stock from the supplier but seems the order didn’t get put in till today when there were none left. So now I’m 3-4 weeks from getting the tank in. Beyond frustrated. Had plans on getting thing up and running this weekend so I could transfer tanks next week. I need to get moving on demo so I can get this renovation moving, but now that’s on hold, or I need to figure out another plan. I’ve reached out to a few lfs’s but have been unsuccessful in finding one in the right size.

clsanchez77

Reefkeeping Extremist
Global Moderator
That is frustrating, but understand SMH. My new tank was in stock and in a warehouse in Kenner waiting to be delivered to me right before Hurricane Ida hit. Now, here I am 5 months later and still waiting. Most livestock is now gone. I will be starting over.

BryanJr

Harlequin Tusk
Finally got the tank in about a week ago. Quality is pretty good from what I can tell. Unfortunately it will be a little while before I can get this thing set up, as my renovation has taken over any and all of my free time. My plan WAS.. to transfer the contents of my 90 into this prior to the renovation, which didn’t happen and was probably a blessing that I didn’t. I am currently battling dinos in my 90 and don’t have time to do everything I need to to keep it at bay. Haven’t noticed any ill effects on many of my corals but want them gone. This has caused me to rethink the plan for the New tank. Will go with new sand and Rock, most will be KP Aquatics live rock and will infill with some Life rock from Caribsea. I did start collecting a few things for the build. Just ordered the Life Rock and sand and was able to purchase a used pair of Radion XR15 G5 Pros. May need a third but think I can do 2 for now. Return pumps came with the tank but may upgrade down the line. Will try and get some pictures of it when I have some time to unbox it.

clsanchez77

Reefkeeping Extremist
Global Moderator
Very nice. Yep, totally get renovations derailing new tank. Having said that, several HVAC guys coming through here instantly recognized the Trigger System AquaMarine-44 (Triton). I was showing off the ReefBreeders Photon unit to a guy who's thinking about getting back in and his last tank had metal halides. Also excited about my Life Reef skimmer, though have not figured out how to plumb that in my cabinet, will be tight. II can't wait to get all these new toys wet, but I must finish the house first. Self-imposed purgatory for the sake of my wife lol.

BryanJr

Harlequin Tusk
Very nice. Yep, totally get renovations derailing new tank. Having said that, several HVAC guys coming through here instantly recognized the Trigger System AquaMarine-44 (Triton). I was showing off the ReefBreeders Photon unit to a guy who's thinking about getting back in and his last tank had metal halides. Also excited about my Life Reef skimmer, though have not figured out how to plumb that in my cabinet, will be tight. II can't wait to get all these new toys wet, but I must finish the house first. Self-imposed purgatory for the sake of my wife lol.
Yeah this renovation has definitely put a damper on the hobby for me. Trying to get it done as quickly as possible, but doing most of the work by my self -bonk-. Don’t know what I was thinking. Lol.
I have a pair of Reef Breeders over my 210, very powerful lights. They have a few quirky issues when using a pair together but otherwise great lights for the price.

BryanJr

Harlequin Tusk
Well I’m not finished with the renovation but far enough along to get started with the build/set up. Kinda forced myself to do it since I purchased some live rock from Arc Reef about a month ago and it’s scheduled to ship this week. This will be my first time using live rock and hoping for a good experience.
Last weekend I built the stand and painted it. Kind of a rush job but it turned out ok. Need to build the doors but that will have to be another time
358E92D3-C284-435F-BBB8-A60B07556E72.jpeg
C481D408-FA3C-4E05-B542-597A595CCE36.jpeg
EE328BD5-2FA9-43FC-AD90-F149E0517665.jpeg

This weekend I was able to finish the living room trim and get the walls painted so I could set it up.
3B402A55-6A2D-41B9-A73B-15942D65E9F1.jpeg
E15ECAC8-592B-4958-9C2F-B56DA10A1468.jpeg
7F695EB7-5B37-4494-A9D8-71CE9D834983.jpeg

Used the Caribsea Agralive reef sand (special grade). 40lbs was enough to cover the bottom with about an inch to 1-1/2” coverage. This was only the second time seeing the tank I bought back in March. Looks pretty good from what I can tell and can’t go wrong for the price, considering what something this size would cost from other manufacturers.
Added the lights and equipment to it and now we wait for the rock to show up!!

D3563F1F-5B78-42F4-9731-C34CD93C12B5.jpeg
4F03643E-ECB0-4BEC-A716-95EC1FF44240.jpeg
405D17E6-7754-4432-8BF3-55E46CD72BBB.jpeg

6FA2424F-FD8A-4573-BFC3-B94FFA016DFB.jpeg

BryanJr

Harlequin Tusk
This is an awesome tank layout
I do like it but now see they have a 65gal that is 2” wider then this one. Not sure if it increases the rear chamber or gives you a larger display. If it would have been available when I purchased I would have gotten the larger one for the same price.

clsanchez77

Reefkeeping Extremist
Global Moderator
I do like it but now see they have a 65gal that is 2” wider then this one. Not sure if it increases the rear chamber or gives you a larger display. If it would have been available when I purchased I would have gotten the larger one for the same price.
Never ending product improvements with hopes that customers will never ending pay to upgrade their products LOL

BryanJr

Harlequin Tusk
Rock shipment got delayed. Apparently the staff got Covid. Was told it will ship out Mon-Tues this week. We will see. Set up the Aquamaxx ws-1 skimmer today to try and break it in. Fits well but need to build an egg crate stand as the water level was too high in the rear chamber. I haven’t needed to break in a skimmer before as the ones I have on my other systems were bought used. Should I just let it run like I have in the below video?
80D82C70-AB93-4A18-87ED-555E4947D769.jpeg

clsanchez77

Reefkeeping Extremist
Global Moderator
The KP Rock? They seem to have been hammered by COVID. I seem to recall right before my tank cracked, they had no fish in stock and minimum inverts in stock. I ordered rock from them and it came in poorly shipped with a lot of die off. Philip agreed to replace the rock, but that was when the tank cracked. Still tankless at the moment with what I could save being housed in a few small tanks. 2-1/2 years now ugh.