Tupes' JBJ AIO 65 build

Users who are viewing this thread

Tupes

Clarion Angel
Administrator
LARC Supporter
Tupes, that is GORGEOUS! You make me want to switch to some better lights for my 34 gallon display. You also have me thinking about going away from bare bottom to a thin sand bed.
Thanks! I dont think I could ever go bare bottom. It would make Me want to clean the bottom too often. Thicker is better

Tupes

Clarion Angel
Administrator
LARC Supporter
Very nice Tony! I really like the nice mix of color and those frags in the lower portion of the tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! I still have some hair algea on my rocks and next water change I should get a bit more out and I'm going to start putting some coral on the rocks to free up the sand a little.

CenlaReefer

Peacock Mantis Shrimp
LARC Supporter
Assuming you aren't referring to the hair algea. Lol. I really dont remember. @CenlaReefer I think I got that sps from you when we were at Tommy's. Do you know?
I believe that is a Miyagi tort. I find this coral hard to distinguish from a tri-color grandulosa. The coloration is a bit different in your tank. Here is mine with very little blue lighting:

20190922_221629.jpg

Last edited:

Tupes

Clarion Angel
Administrator
LARC Supporter
Nothing really new in the tank. Tonight I added the testing chart that came with the file that @91mini had given me, to the board that sits on top of my drawer for easy access and reference. I put it a protector sleeve to help keep it dry and I can still flip the board over to have my space when doing my water test.
20200202_194017.jpg

Tupes

Clarion Angel
Administrator
LARC Supporter
Slowly winning the battle of GHA. I've decided to give vibrant a shot and see where it takes me. Hopefully it follows all the success stories I've seen. Here are the photos I took from today. The tank is a 65 but to be on the safe side I only dosed for a 50 gallon(5ml @ 1ml per 10 gallons). I could probably dose for a 55 or even a 60 but trying to play it safe from over dosing.

20200213_144737.jpg
20200213_144757.jpg
20200213_144804.jpg
20200213_144814.jpg

Coastie Reefer

Black Perc
Slowly winning the battle of GHA. I've decided to give vibrant a shot and see where it takes me. Hopefully it follows all the success stories I've seen. Here are the photos I took from today. The tank is a 65 but to be on the safe side I only dosed for a 50 gallon(5ml @ 1ml per 10 gallons). I could probably dose for a 55 or even a 60 but trying to play it safe from over dosing.

View attachment 16410 View attachment 16411 View attachment 16412 View attachment 16413
Worked wonders on my bubble algae, turned my chaeto into a snotty mess though.

Stoned

Postasaurus Rex
LARC Supporter
POTQ Winner
POTM Winner
Tank looks good. Did you look into a source that might be feeding the GHA?

Tupes

Clarion Angel
Administrator
LARC Supporter
a while back went on vacation and somehow my auto feeder got pushed wide open so it dumped about 1 months in a couple days and never realized it when I came home. Then a few day later I started seeing algea growing. I should've really started inspecting then but never did now I have this. So I figure with the vibrant water changes and blowing off the rocks itll put a stop to it.

tchan

Kole Tang
Is that a sally light foot? The one in my tank is pretty big. Stretch out to 4 inches easily. And pretty aggressive too. Good thing she’s a a good algae glazer.

BluewaterLa

LARC Boil Master
Administrator
LARC Supporter
Almost can boil that shrimp :D:D

Sally lightfoot crabs are a species that I would never keep personally.
While juvenile they are decent grazers on algae among meaty offerings, super fast specimen and once matured, more aggressive they actively will hunt fish and successfully catch smaller fish.
suppose it would depend on what type / size fish are housed with them.

Tupes

Clarion Angel
Administrator
LARC Supporter
Yes it is. I've had him for a while now. And hes growing steadily. He was tiny when I got him.
Is that a sally light foot? The one in my tank is pretty big. Stretch out to 4 inches easily. And pretty aggressive too. Good thing she’s a a good algae glazer.

jleblanc26

keep reefing on!
Administrator
LARC Supporter
Almost can boil that shrimp :D:D

Sally lightfoot crabs are a species that I would never keep personally.
While juvenile they are decent grazers on algae among meaty offerings, super fast specimen and once matured, more aggressive they actively will hunt fish and successfully catch smaller fish.
suppose it would depend on what type / size fish are housed with them.

(tony) I've always had one of the crabs in every tank I've had set up. Luckily they've always been a model citizen.

Last edited: