Tupes' JBJ AIO 65 build

Users who are viewing this thread

Tupes

Clarion Angel
Administrator
LARC Supporter
Like it! What a great idea. Did it help with minimizing any noise?

Thanks. Really didnt have much noise before but what was there is now gone.

Way cleaner look. I like it.

Thanks Mike! It is definitely much cleaner looking. Made the wife happy.

Nice work Tony!!!

Thanks Joe!

That turned out nice :)

Thanks! Definitely better than I thought it would for me doing it. Lol

Tupes

Clarion Angel
Administrator
LARC Supporter
Here is updated photos since Vibrant I upped the dosage to 5.5ml for the I dont find that it just disappeared but it is much easier to pull out. Hopefully it will all be gone within the next few weeks. I also dosed ChemiClean and the green cyano vanished over night.

20200326_193800.jpg
20200326_193733.jpg
20200326_193743.jpg

Tupes

Clarion Angel
Administrator
LARC Supporter
That hawkfish is awesome looking!

Thanks it's for sure a pleasure to look at. It's my first hawk and I was a bit uneasy due to having the cleaner shrimp, but I was assured by Seth that since the shrimp was added first it should not be an issue. I've seen the shrimp right next to him and he doesn't even make a move toward it. So I'm very happy with it so far.

Tank is looking better man so the Vibrant is slowly working for sure.
Nice fish additions, good job on those choices.
OH and I'm noticing some familiar things in your tank ;) the red mushrooms look crazy orange under your lights !

Yes you should notice a few things. They look a little orange because of the filter but they are definitely red. Tiffany is hoping they spread all over because of how bright they are. Cant thank you enough.

+1 on the vibrant. Nothing but good to say.

I was very hesitant to use it because of the reviews but find that if you take it slow itll work wonders for you.

Redfish

Peacock Mantis Shrimp
+1 on the vibrant. Nothing but good to say.

I used it to rid my tank of some bubble algae ,, did a great job ,, the bubble algae got into my tank thru my Chato source ,,the only problem with it I had was when it came to getting it out of the tank ,, this really wasn't a problem ,, water changes and time will do the job ,, took a lot of time though ,, the stuff stops Chaeto growth ,, I believe it leaves a film on everything in the system ,, I could have sped the process up by giving everything a good cleaning to remove the film ,, or there wasn't a film ,, it just took my Chaeto a long time to recoup from the Vibrant being in the system ,, either way ,, its all good now ,,

jleblanc26

keep reefing on!
Administrator
LARC Supporter
It destroyed my bubble algae within the first month. I am 100% free of bubble algae. That in itself made the bottle worth its price. Yes, it killed my chaeto, but i was already on the course of removing it. I use gfo for phosphates and the vibrant along with a good skimmer manages the nitrates. Hair algae seems to be tougher to deal with. And in my experience, it helps with cyano not getting out of hand but it doesn't rid my tank of it.

jleblanc26

keep reefing on!
Administrator
LARC Supporter
A UV sterilizer should take care of it. I find my water isn't as clear with it cause of the bacteria build up, but I'm good with it. Its working.

Tupes

Clarion Angel
Administrator
LARC Supporter
So something happened that I can't explain.
All of a sudden one day all the gha started to get real stringy and about 90% disappeared as of today.

I only dosed vibrant for 4 weeks from the start. Here are current photos. Looking great. For those wondering there was no scrubbing involved or water change with pulling manual removal. Just disappeared.

20200501_135905.jpg
20200501_135847.jpg
20200501_135852.jpg
20200501_135916.jpg