Updated pics of my Mixed Reef

Users who are viewing this thread

goodblasson

Neon Goby
I took a few pics tonight, nothing special, thought I would share.

ronniem

Spiny Star Astraea
Those pics do not do that tank justice either!!! His tank is amazing in person. Very nice colors.
Jared my slimer I got from you is still green!!! not yellow, LMAO

goodblasson

Neon Goby
Tomorleans said:
what's the secret!?!?!

Easy, do water changes on a 2 month basis, don't put any additives, and keep your hands out of the water. I seriously do nothing, it takes care of itself.

ronniem

Spiny Star Astraea
goodblasson said:
Tomorleans said:
what's the secret!?!?!

Easy, do water changes on a 2 month basis, don't put any additives, and keep your hands out of the water. I seriously do nothing, it takes care of itself.

Jared I am starting to believe that also...Since the summer I have not done alot with my tank and even got behind on my water changes and everything is looking and growing nicely. I really think I used to have my hands in the tank way too much.

110reef

Aussie Rainbow Acan
ronniem said:
goodblasson said:
Tomorleans said:
what's the secret!?!?!

Jared I am starting to believe that also...Since the summer I have not done alot with my tank and even got behind on my water changes and everything is looking and growing nicely. I really think I used to have my hands in the tank way too much.

Well, I have always had the philosophy of setting it up right and let it take care of itself, and for 32 years that served me well. Then i tried corals, and I tried doing it by keeping my hands out, but had lots of trouble. My alk levels and cal levels and pH dropped tremendously. Then I tried the additive route and I think I swung things even more than before. Now I have a calcium reactor and am hoping that I will at last acheive some stability. I think it somehow depends on your individual system as to how much you really have to fool with it.

oimate842005

Reefers Anonymous
Global Moderator
LARC Supporter
Simply amazing Jared! Hey man, btw i might need your help loading up a tank in lafayette on Aug.2nd. Let me know if youd be up for lending a hand. Thanks!

goodblasson

Neon Goby
I only have a ASM G1 for a skimmer, so I cant say what really keeps the tank clean. I would rather do water changes more often but I am so busy these days that the tank is not my main focus anymore....

110reef

Aussie Rainbow Acan
Hey, Jared -

Are those finger leathers the ones you got from me as frags? If so, they have really grown!!!! :shock:

goodblasson

Neon Goby
110reef said:
Hey, Jared -

Are those finger leathers the ones you got from me as frags? If so, they have really grown!!!! :shock:

You bet! 95% of my coral has come from LARC members.

A

Anonymous

goodblasson said:
110reef said:
Hey, Jared -

You bet! 95% of my coral has come from LARC members.

What lights are you running?