Vibrant

Users who are viewing this thread

BumpaBaaby

Kole Tang
Day 1 . I’ll try to remember to do weekly shots of the same picture to see the difference if any

Attachments

• 3550D865-E0F9-4E11-8348-CDC8C5D9F66F.jpeg
    3550D865-E0F9-4E11-8348-CDC8C5D9F66F.jpeg
    365.2 KB · Views: 59

Nightfire

CrossHatch Trigger
I thought my little patches were bad, that would drive me nuts. I'm on GFO and vibrant. Not so much on feedings, but my phosphate today was 0.16, like it to be a lot less.

clsanchez77

Reefkeeping Extremist
Global Moderator
+1 on Vibrant. Helps a lot, especially if you have algae growth and your nutrients are already testing low. and yea, save the chaeto LOL

BumpaBaaby

Kole Tang
I thought my little patches were bad, that would drive me nuts. I'm on GFO and vibrant. Not so much on feedings, but my phosphate today was 0.16, like it to be a lot less.
No it’s not driving me nuts it’s starting to grow on some zoas that’s mounted on a rock. I may have to take zoas off the rock and scrub off the algae.

clsanchez77

Reefkeeping Extremist
Global Moderator
No it’s not driving me nuts it’s starting to grow on some zoas that’s mounted on a rock. I may have to take zoas off the rock and scrub off the algae.

Do people careful with that. About 1 hobbyist will make the news every few years for treating zoas out of the tank and ending up in the hospital....and in one case, took out other family members, but I think they were boiling the rock. Don't ask, I only read the article LOL

Pattie

Cleaner Shrimp
Haven't used vibrant. I fought GHA for months then added a large CUC and they cleaned it up completely in 1 month. This was after weekly manuel removal with water changes and using Phos rx to bring phosphates to normal slowly over months. Mine looked worse then yours. How is your CUC?

BumpaBaaby

Kole Tang
Haven't used vibrant. I fought GHA for months then added a large CUC and they cleaned it up completely in 1 month. This was after weekly manuel removal with water changes and using Phos rx to bring phosphates to normal slowly over months. Mine looked worse then yours. How is your CUC?
I had a sea hare. Which usually works but he’s been MIA even at night . I have about 7 of Trochus snails, about 8 astrea snails, 2 of 4 peppermint that I can see at night, 4 emerald crabs, 3 tangs, Chaeto and mangroves. Phosphate 0.01-0.05 (+-4) using Hanna.

Pattie

Cleaner Shrimp
I had a sea hare. Which usually works but he’s been MIA even at night . I have about 7 of Trochus snails, about 8 astrea snails, 2 of 4 peppermint that I can see at night, 4 emerald crabs, 3 tangs, Chaeto and mangroves. Phosphate 0.01-0.05 (+-4) using Hanna.
What size is your tank?

Pattie

Cleaner Shrimp
Friday my phosphate was 0.16 and now it's 0.05 so my GFO and vibrant should work well. I need a bigger CUC though too.
That was a quick drop. Go slow. Make sure you don't bottom out. GHA is way easier to deal with then dinos. With phos dropping you should notice the hair algae is really easy to remove and some you should just beable to vacuum off with your hose. Remove as much as possible manually. Drop in the cuc and you will be surprised how fast they can clean up.

Nightfire

CrossHatch Trigger
That was a quick drop. Go slow. Make sure you don't bottom out. GHA is way easier to deal with then dinos. With phos dropping you should notice the hair algae is really easy to remove and some you should just beable to vacuum off with your hose. Remove as much as possible manually. Drop in the cuc and you will be surprised how fast they can clean up.
It was quick only using 1 cup of GFO. Bout a week I might buy me 5 astreas maybe 10

BumpaBaaby

Kole Tang
Here’s 2 weeks of using Vibrant. Some areas I picked off the algae because it was growing around my frags.
the rock by itself is an experiment I tried with H2O2. The peroxide is the truth.
F8D78931-0ED0-47E2-8D23-8F8C4848D17D.jpeg

Attachments

• 72A3DF77-0C6C-4D6B-94BB-B009CD6BDA32.jpeg
    72A3DF77-0C6C-4D6B-94BB-B009CD6BDA32.jpeg
    150.5 KB · Views: 41

BumpaBaaby

Kole Tang
I So I decided, for some reason, to ask the LFS if vibrant had been killing my sea hare’s. I put 3 ( at different times when I noticed one was dead) in the tank . He said “Yes, sea hare’s don’t like vibrant “ I never known this before using it but after three died I began to think ... so just a FYI

BluewaterLa

LARC Boil Master
Administrator
LARC Supporter
Interesting for sure, I would correspond with the company that makes the product and ask them to see what they say on the issue to make sure.

Sea hares are one of those items that usually dont make it in most tanks.