Wazzel's mostly SPS 120 - take 3 - Cypress edition

Users who are viewing this thread

wazzel

White Tip Reef Shark
Well, tank moving day was yesterday. Relatively successful. Lost one fish only, so far. Everything is chilling in a 100 galling rubber maid stock tank until I can get a bit more water in the tank. This time I remember to get the air pump going right away. I only brought 25 gallons plus what was in the bags. If I had to guess I got 35-40 gallons from the move. The tank is in process of being reassembled. I got the lights hung and the plumbing reassembled. Still need to run power to the lights, get the MP40's installed, clean the skimmer, get controller reassembled and get the doser on line. If it is like last move I will not have to dose for a while. Today I made 30 gallons. Could have made more, but I was doing other things and since I use 5 gallon buckets I lose time between when they are full and when I swap them out.

Anyway, I keep this one updated from here on out. Hopefully we can stay put so the tank can grow in. My wife and I are tired of moving.

BluewaterLa

LARC Boil Master
Administrator
LARC Supporter
Sucks about the fish loss, though I guess it could have gone in the wrong direction so the move sounds like it was a success.
glad things are working out for you.
I'm looking forward to seeing your progress and the tank set back up.

GPReefer

Let the Fin Begin!
LARC Supporter
POTM Winner
Moving stuff is bad enough. My dad was in the Air Force, so moving for us meant different ends of the country (Lake Charles to North Dakota, North Dakota to Lake Charles, Lake Charles to Kansas, Kansas to Lake Charles, Lake Charles to California & California back to Lake Charles). All in 10 years time. Moving a tank full of live stuff never sounded very appealing to me. Glad it was a success. Hoping it will be up and thriving soon.

wazzel

White Tip Reef Shark
Everything has been moved from the tub to the tank. Lights are on and running on a 50%, 2 month acclimation since the critters were without light for a few days. 1 MP40 is on and running. Still making water to finish filling the tank and sump. There is still a bit of equipment to set up, controller, doser, skimmer, other MP40. Hopefully by the end of the night today I will be able to bring the sump on line with one return pump. I added from pipe clamps, hopefully that will deal with the hum my tank had.

What is a good chaeto growing light? I want to move the ball from the tank to the sump.

I will get some pictures soon. The tank is in the "formal living room". We are going to set it up as an office with my tank and the piano. It flanks the foyer so I wonder how my new neighbors are going to like the blue glow coming from the front of the hose every evening.

roid reefs

Bangaii Cardinal
Following along. this time im on the thread from the beginning so I can see the progress and not have to play catch up. lol
Glad the move was mostly successful.

wazzel

White Tip Reef Shark
Closer to being done. Just the skimmer and doser to bring on line. The doser is in place, but I need to rerun the tubing. The skimmer needs cleaning. Planing on getting it sorts tomorrow. The doser can wait a few days.

wazzel

White Tip Reef Shark
Things look good. One small issue with the lights. They seem to not be getting on a good schedule. I suspect it is because the director is in the living room at the back of the house and my tank is in the office at the front of the house. I need to move it, but it is a pain to get on wifi. During set up I just plugged it into the router.

clsanchez77

Reefkeeping Extremist
Global Moderator
Things look good. One small issue with the lights. They seem to not be getting on a good schedule. I suspect it is because the director is in the living room at the back of the house and my tank is in the office at the front of the house. I need to move it, but it is a pain to get on wifi. During set up I just plugged it into the router.

Perhaps a cheap wifi bridge?

wazzel

White Tip Reef Shark
Lights are sorted. Apparently the director was a bit to far from the tank and not communicating well. Now that it is in the same room with the tank no problem.

wazzel

White Tip Reef Shark
A quick snap shot from my desk in the office.

GreyGhost

Neon Goby
POTQ Winner
POTM Winner
It's awesome that this tank is back up and running again! You will have to keep us posted on the quality of the local fish stores in the Houston area.

wazzel

White Tip Reef Shark
It's awesome that this tank is back up and running again! You will have to keep us posted on the quality of the local fish stores in the Houston area.
I am glad things seem to be going well. The frags I got from Hai are really looking nice. It will probably be a while before I need to get to the LFS. I made a last supply purchase from Seth before I moved. Right now I am starting to work the old rock I have back into my tank. It has been drying since March when we moved last. I added one rock at the townhouse and one here when I set the tank up. I will probably add one rock every other week until they all get in. The plan is to add a bit more base rock after that. I did not have quite enough and I broke a few of the bigger peaces during the first tear down.

Still need to find a fuge light so I can move my cheato to the sump.

roid reefs

Bangaii Cardinal
I have heard they have some really nice LFS's in the Houston area. Also a very busy following on FB on Houston Reef Connection. I would follow it here and there as I would travel to Houston to see family now and then.

wazzel

White Tip Reef Shark
I have heard they have some really nice LFS's in the Houston area. Also a very busy following on FB on Houston Reef Connection. I would follow it here and there as I would travel to Houston to see family now and then.
There were last time I was here. None are really convenient to where we live. I need to find one before my food and salt run out.