Wazzel's mostly SPS 120 - take 3 - Cypress edition

Users who are viewing this thread

wazzel

White Tip Reef Shark
Nothing wrong with that. It's nice to save a few buck when you're able to.
The vet contacted me and said not to sell any of the other zoanthids so I could use them to pay to vet our other dog. Apparently they liked my corals. Works for me, no out of pocket for the vet and I am looking to clean out the zoanthids anyway.

wazzel

White Tip Reef Shark
Things are going well. Corals are growing and fish are living. Got rid of the zoanthids colonies for vet supplies. Now I need to get the candy canes, monti frags and zoa frags I got left. Nothing exciting.

BluewaterLa

LARC Boil Master
Administrator
LARC Supporter
Looking good Mark.
Hope the family is doing well and the little frag recently acquired from the daughter colony :p:D
Hows the weather out in your parts ?

wazzel

White Tip Reef Shark
Looking good Mark.
Hope the family is doing well and the little frag recently acquired from the daughter colony :p:D
Hows the weather out in your parts ?
Thanks, it is coming along. I lost two frags from the big batch I got a while back, but other than that nothing but positives. At some point I will need about 5 more to fill in the empty spots, but not in a hurry. Maybe in May or June I will see if I can single source the last of what I need.
The family is doing ok, just the normal bit of drama and BS. The baby is doing well. Luck for all of us she is a happy baby and sleeps well. Daughter is just going back to work so the schedule juggling is about to begin. Well not for me anyway. I am the primary wage earner and make significantly more than my wife or daughter. They have to give up time or shifts, not me. We can make it with them making a little less, but not me making less. I do have basically Friday afternoon to Sunday night as my availability to watch the kid. If wife and daughter have to work every weekend for a while that is just how it has to be.
Weather is fine, not oven like yet. I hate Houston summers. It is hot and dry and all the concrete and building radiate it back, even after the sun has gone down. I am not a fan of Houston, I am just here for the work. When I retire I am leaving the next day. If I ever come into money, I am out of here. The only thing that would stop me from moving immediately on a Powerball win would be if it happened before May of 2021. My son really does not want to switch school again, especially as a Jr or Sr, can't really blame him.

clsanchez77

Reefkeeping Extremist
Global Moderator
Thanks, it is coming along. I lost two frags from the big batch I got a while back, but other than that nothing but positives. At some point I will need about 5 more to fill in the empty spots, but not in a hurry. Maybe in May or June I will see if I can single source the last of what I need.
The family is doing ok, just the normal bit of drama and BS. The baby is doing well. Luck for all of us she is a happy baby and sleeps well. Daughter is just going back to work so the schedule juggling is about to begin. Well not for me anyway. I am the primary wage earner and make significantly more than my wife or daughter. They have to give up time or shifts, not me. We can make it with them making a little less, but not me making less. I do have basically Friday afternoon to Sunday night as my availability to watch the kid. If wife and daughter have to work every weekend for a while that is just how it has to be.
Weather is fine, not oven like yet. I hate Houston summers. It is hot and dry and all the concrete and building radiate it back, even after the sun has gone down. I am not a fan of Houston, I am just here for the work. When I retire I am leaving the next day. If I ever come into money, I am out of here. The only thing that would stop me from moving immediately on a Powerball win would be if it happened before May of 2021. My son really does not want to switch school again, especially as a Jr or Sr, can't really blame him.

So many people arent half the man you are. Keep it up.

wazzel

White Tip Reef Shark
The tank is coming along just fine. No big news or changes. Things are growing but not enough to show up in pictures.

wazzel

White Tip Reef Shark
Just before I posed this I realized I could snag photos from facebook. Sometimes I just do not think.

My plan was to get a few more fish and corals after I graduated. Well I graduated March 7th and we know how things have been since then. Between COVID and the crashing oil price I am just not interested in going many places or spending money.

wazzel

White Tip Reef Shark
The sps growing on the bottom right floor is not your typical sandbed coral! Nice
Is a couple of different M. Digi that broke off and I left them. Did not have room on a rack or time to try and sell. People in Houston are a pain in the butt to deal with. Offer stuff from free and they want you to knock $10 off the price. Now that school if over I will probably start clearing all that out.

wazzel

White Tip Reef Shark
A little tank update. Been two years since I moved it from Houma. It is coming along. Had an issue a few months back. I got a 20 gallon brute garbage can for water changes and a completely new filter system. Suspect I did not clear either or both well enough. Caused things to brown a bit and have a few spots of die off on a few pieces. Color is coming back and flesh is growing over the dead spots.

In other good news I started a new job last Monday. Funny thing I am now employed by a Louisiana "down the bayou" company that is starting a Houston office.