What does DSR stands for?

Users who are viewing this thread

glennfdsr

Astrea Snail
LARC Vendor
DSR stands for "Dutch Synthetic Reefing".
It's a ecologic responsible, sustainable and more efficient way of reefing. By controlling essential waterparameters regular waterchanges are a thing of the past.
It's also a great way to learn new things and understand the dynamics of your own reeftank.

After an extensive period without waterchanges (2004-2012) the method was developed and shared with the reefers in 2013. Now others could benefit from the gathered knowledge and successes.

Last edited:

watson5

Detritus
If I have a 100 gallon tank, and top off 10 gallons a week, would I not have done a complete water change after 10 or 11 weeks ?

Cigmin

Harlequin Tusk
I’m trying to compare this with moonshiners. Might be easier than finding reef salt lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glennfdsr

Astrea Snail
LARC Vendor
If I have a 100 gallon tank, and top off 10 gallons a week, would I not have done a complete water change after 10 or 11 weeks ?
In a static and sterile situation you would have.
But your reeftank is a dynamic proces. You have polution/consumption to consider.
The art of reefing is to control this dynamic proces with targeted dosings

watson5

Detritus
I’m trying to compare this with moonshiners. Might be easier than finding reef salt lol

I came across 2x50 gallon mixes yesterday and almost bought them..Wrecked it too much leaving AF though

glennfdsr

Astrea Snail
LARC Vendor

We spoke but i never had the time to really study his system. Their result seems just fine.

======================

This is where it all got started with.
The possibility to mix your own custom reefsalt
www.DSRreefing.com/saltcalc

It's a great way to get "in touch" with the chemistry behind reefing, which is essential if you want to step up your reefing skills.

Last edited:

glennfdsr

Astrea Snail
LARC Vendor
This is the way to do your own corrections, when waterquality deviate from the targets you set.

Last edited: