What the !?!

Users who are viewing this thread

BluewaterLa

LARC Boil Master
Administrator
LARC Supporter
Just a bit of a rant is all...

So I ordered up some micro cleaners / food for my mandarin last week from algae barn.
Four bottles of the 5280 pods with bottles of phyto and one free bottle of the baby brine.
Just time for a reUp for the tank and keep things healthy.
For some reason never got any email with tracking info which was not a deal breaker as I was able to obtain this info from the website under my account.
All signs point to getting them in the mail from USPS today by the afternoon.

I'm spending the day cutting grass and weed whacking while keeping an eye out for the mail truck that has to pass my yard twice due to having one way in and one way out the hood here.
Mail truck stops by my mail box quickly and takes off, Never got out and put any package on my front steps like normal so I figure maybe a different truck.

Fast forward to about 6 PM and while cooking dinner I check my emails to see if possibly I have an email saying delivered or delayed, NOTHING.
Eat a nice bowl of roast with taters and carrots over some rice, still thinking about my order that never came in so I check the website and it says delivered.
Put my shoes on and just to see IF somehow there was a box by my mail box on the ground. Nope.
Open the mail box and there is a algae barn box sideways and crammed into my mailbox, good lord !

The annoying part is there are arrows all over this box pointing up to keep direction.
Not only this there are warning messages about extreme hot / cold temps should be avoided with more messages that state LIVE ANIMALS
Thankfully it appears the Oven like mail box did not have negative impact on the copepods or brine due to the extra steps taken by the sender.
Being sideways did not have any impact on the jars, thankfully they are sealed well.
In all though still bound by my expectations of fellow humans I cant help but to think.... ''Some Peoples children''

Makes me wonder if there were more sensitive organisms like tomorrows shipment would this be an issue.
Lets hope the fedex guy delivers in a good manner tomorrow or I'll be forced to get all hash tag mad on social media and what not, hahahahah just kidding about that last part.
Seriously folks its a Pound symbol for crying out loud -bonk-

BryanJr

Flasher Wrasse
I feel your pain on this one. And is why I won’t trust USPS to deliver anything live to my house. My delivery driver is super lazy. He has left boxes in front of my garage door instead of bringing them the extra 20 ft to my door step. He also once crammed a shoe box in my mail box to keep from getting out the truck. Unreal. Where do they hire these people from?

BluewaterLa

LARC Boil Master
Administrator
LARC Supporter
WOW !!
Yeah that is some lazy actions there.
Our mail person is usually really good, not sure if we got a new one or what ? who knows
Maybe same person and just didnt read the dang warnings / symbols all over the 6 sides of the box ?

I broke the bank and ordered some more Berghia Nudibranchs after getting reef herpes again on a frag I suppose.
These things have tripled in price over the last year so I am a bit nervous about the arrival being from fedex who for some reason will hand over my orders at the last minute to USPS and delay by another day.

Lazyfish

Marine Betta
My fedex divers deliver tanks standing on end, puts packages at the back door instead of the front and sometimes between the screen door and the regular door. My usps a crams live stuff into the mailbox that should be on the portch things obviously labled live or deliver to door or puts it ontop my car out in the sun in the driveway. Amazon is ok with packages but they get stuck and tear up my yard because they drive off the driveway rather than use the turnaround.

Pattie

Fire Shrimp
My drivers are usually really good with our deliveries except when I order something really heavy. HAHA!!! If I have salt or rocks come in they will put them right up against my door out of arms reach so I can barely get the door open. or reach around it. I know they do that on purpose for me making them carry it. [LOL}-rlol-

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
Administrator
LARC Supporter
POTM Winner
None of them are perfect, but IME Fedex seems to do the best job (overall) with boxes marked live animals. But I still have them hold live corals/fish at the depot to remove the driver from the equation.