what to believe?

Users who are viewing this thread

BumpaBaaby

Black Perc
So today I had my water tested using Aquaspin at my LFS and here are my numbers that match NOTHING Hanna says.
Ca 378
pO4 .1
alk 10

Hanna says
PO4 .13
Ca 485
alk8.6

I dont know which test I should believe. Calcium is a biiiiiiiig difference. My coral looks good. Bill Murray changed in color from Pink and Lime green to just Lime green.

BluewaterLa

LARC Boil Master
Administrator
LARC Supporter
Not sure about an aquaspin, what reagents does this use ?
Is it just the magnetic beaker spinner ? If so then they used a certain type of test kit reagent that can be different than yours and may have botched the testing proceedure.

I would go off your Hana since that is what you are using regularly for your home testing.
If corals look good keep up with the stability you are creating for your tank.
Dont worry too much about the color of one sps in your tank as they have a tendency to change color from one tank to the next due to change in environment, present levels of elements being different along with a host of other variables such as lighting / intensity / schedule
It may color back up after a few months of being in your tank back to what it was OR it may morph into different colors.

BumpaBaaby

Black Perc
Not sure about an aquaspin, what reagents does this use ?
Is it just the magnetic beaker spinner ? If so then they used a certain type of test kit reagent that can be different than yours and may have botched the testing proceedure.

I would go off your Hana since that is what you are using regularly for your home testing.
If corals look good keep up with the stability you are creating for your tank.
Dont worry too much about the color of one sps in your tank as they have a tendency to change color from one tank to the next due to change in environment, present levels of elements being different along with a host of other variables such as lighting / intensity / schedule
It may color back up after a few months of being in your tank back to what it was OR it may morph into different colors.
there is some info on the web about Aquaspuin. I spoke with Hanna and one thing he asked was "when was their machine last calibrated?"