Whose the culprit?

Users who are viewing this thread

HomeTeam

Aptasia
It’s either the Lawnmower Blenny or the Yellow Eye Kole, one of them is scraping the flesh off of a favia frag and a milli frag. I’m assuming it’s while they are looking for algae so I’m not worried just concerned if they hit the same frag over and over it could possibly kill one of them. Who do you guys think it is?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
Administrator
LARC Supporter
POTM Winner
I'm gonna say the Lawnmower Blenny, because I've had problems with them nipping on LPS in the past.

HomeTeam

Aptasia
That’s actually what I was thinking. I believe he was the one nipping at my bower as well. Now if it was the Lamark again he was going to be re-homed. It destroyed a plate coral in a single day.

BluewaterLa

LARC Boil Master
Administrator
LARC Supporter
Most tangs I've witnessed grazing on algae do so with more finesse for lack of better terms when in a tank VS the ocean.
Blennys on the other hand have a wide mouth gaping rasp when they go after algae and will sometimes get a bit too aggressive on the surface getting some edge of the frag.

Not to say my tangs have not uprooted a frag off the rack while grazing or knock one over on the sand bed as that has happened.
Where I witness more aggressive grazing is when they are feeding closely together on the veggie pouch loaded down with Ulva and I slip some LRS frozen food in the pouch, they have pulled that thing off the magnet before LOL