Yellow Eye Kole Tang spot ID

Users who are viewing this thread

Humblefish

HF
Administrator
LARC Supporter
POTM Winner
I will see if I can get some tomorrow and start in QT. Is prime the best to use to keep ammonia and nitrites down while in qt and can they be used with Kanaplex?

You can use Prime to control ammonia with Kanaplex. However, I would still do periodic water changes (every 3-4 days) to keep water quality good.

BryanJr

Harlequin Tusk
You can use Prime to control ammonia with Kanaplex. However, I would still do periodic water changes (every 3-4 days) to keep water quality good.
Would it be beneficial to take a rock from my tank to put in my qt tank for Ben. Bacteria and for him to pick on algae?

BryanJr

Harlequin Tusk
That's fine, but I would acid wash the rock before putting it back in the DT. Just in case it absorbs any of the medication.
Successfully got him out of the display tank and into QT. Thankfully only had to remove a few rocks. Started Kanaplex as per instructions on bottle. Since I am now treating for the bacterial infection should I just go ahead and do a full qt minus the copper since I was told he was already treated with copper r just monitor him for a few weeks?

Humblefish

HF
Administrator
LARC Supporter
POTM Winner
Successfully got him out of the display tank and into QT. Thankfully only had to remove a few rocks. Started Kanaplex as per instructions on bottle. Since I am now treating for the bacterial infection should I just go ahead and do a full qt minus the copper since I was told he was already treated with copper r just monitor him for a few weeks?

I would just use Kanaplex for now and see how it goes. You could add Metroplex to the mix which would prophylactically treat brook & uronema. (It also widens the spectrum of antibiotic treatment to include anaerobic bacterial diseases.)

Save copper, the only other med I use as a chemoprophylaxis is Prazipro (to deworm.) But I wouldn't mix that with Kanaplex and/or Metroplex.

BryanJr

Harlequin Tusk
After 3 days now on Kanaplex infection spot has almost disappeared. Gave the 2nd dose yesterday. Haven’t been able to get a good picture since every time I go by the tank he hides. Should I proceed with giving the 3rd dose tomorrow if the spot is completely gone? Or just stop at 2 and monitor him?

Humblefish

HF
Administrator
LARC Supporter
POTM Winner
After 3 days now on Kanaplex infection spot has almost disappeared. Gave the 2nd dose yesterday. Haven’t been able to get a good picture since every time I go by the tank he hides. Should I proceed with giving the 3rd dose tomorrow if the spot is completely gone? Or just stop at 2 and monitor him?

I would actually treat for a minimum of 7 days to ensure the infection doesn't come back.

BryanJr

Harlequin Tusk
Treatment is complete on my Yellow Eye and hope to put back to my tank today. I do see a very faint discoloration where the infection was, (not noticeable except when the light hits it at a certain angle). Is this a concern? Can't see it in a photo. Treatment of Kanaplex was done for 8 days (4 treatments). Appreciate the guidance @Humblefish

Humblefish

HF
Administrator
LARC Supporter
POTM Winner
Treatment is complete on my Yellow Eye and hope to put back to my tank today. I do see a very faint discoloration where the infection was, (not noticeable except when the light hits it at a certain angle). Is this a concern? Can't see it in a photo. Treatment of Kanaplex was done for 8 days (4 treatments). Appreciate the guidance @Humblefish

I wouldn't transfer the fish back into the DT until 100% clear. If the discoloration is actually a wound (still healing) then it could get reinfected once he's back in the DT. The presence of antibiotics in the water is what's preventing that from happening (again.)

BryanJr

Harlequin Tusk
I wouldn't transfer the fish back into the DT until 100% clear. If the discoloration is actually a wound (still healing) then it could get reinfected once he's back in the DT. The presence of antibiotics in the water is what's preventing that from happening (again.)
Ok. Should I add more Kanaplex or just let him be for a few days?